Monday, December 27, 2010

Roof, windows, insulation


Some more pictures of my house for the benefit of family, friends, and continually unfolding joy of life on earth.

I am indebted to Kate O'mara for snapping so many photos of my house from August to December 2010. Mostly on her way down to milk a cow or two, including her own cow, the sweet May, who's due to have a calf at any moment.

Kate and Kevin are building a house, too. Right up the hill from mine. Check out Kate's blog: http://homemadeinmarshall.blogspot.com/interior walls
Kevin and I break in the shade, probably talking about houses

Here's kate and kevin and the view from their house on our farm:















Teleported to the winter!

The view of my house. from kevin and kate's.
I am grateful to my mother and step father for helping to install the roof on my house

the house has a roof, insulation, windows, doors, and some siding, board and battons from the sawmill.

There is still much work to do on the exterior of the house, but with the winter coming on strong, it hurts to be out-of-doors in wet wintry weather. These things include:
1.) digging a 2' wide x 2' deep french drain on the embankment above the north side.
2.) pouring a footer and building stud walls to box in the basement and provide extra foundation support
3.) building a front and back deck. The front door is a 8' tall full glass, french (double) door, and actually steps out to nowhere right now, hehe!
4.) finish the siding and two minor roof details.



I can work outside when it's above 35 degrees no problem, so long as it's without wind and preferably dry and sunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment